Friday 25 January 2013

The Caribbean Island of Barbados








The beautiful island of Barbados is located in the Atlantic ocean. It is a wonderful place to vacation. There is plenty of sunshine and beaches!!!!!







So I did some researching and I found out that the name Barbados literally means "Bearded Fig Tree".

Yes Barbados got it's name from a tree such as the one in the above picture.



I'm sad to report,while I was there I did not see any of these running around.

Sorry to disappoint you guys, but there are no pirates in the Caribbean.


But I did see RIHANNNNNA!!!!!!!!!

................................NOT




Although I did not see Jack Sparrow nor Rihanna, I have to agree that it is a lovely island Rihanna has got there.
 Rihanna Navy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





Delicious food




                                                 Chefette Rotis .....I love these!!!!




                                                            Pudding and Souse



                                                                    Fish Cakes





                                                       The main dish of Barbados
                                                          Cou Cou & Flying Fish


Oh look, it's flying!!!




This is what they really look like. They tend to glide in the air, but not fly.






The flying fish is imprinted on the Barbados dollar








Pictures of their Crop Over Festival













Below are links that summaries Barbados


Happy Reading!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment