Friday 25 January 2013

Thank God For Shea Butter!!!!!!!




                                            Shea Tree (African Karite Tree/ Vitellaria Paradoxa)



I have been using Shea butter for the last three months now, and I have noticed a difference in my skin.It is softer than before. Unlike the hundreds of water based lotions on the market that leaves your skin dry in a matter of hours, the Shea butter moisturizes my skin for the whole day and gives my skin a nice glow. I apply the butter ....well everywhere on my skin. Yes even my face.



Fruit from the Shea Tree



Within the fruit, there is a seed


                                                                     Shea Nut



                                            It is from the nut that the Shea butter is made

                                                             
                                                                     Pure Shea Butter



In the morning and at night time I apply Shea butter on my legs,arms,bums,breast ...you name it, I put it.
I leave on the butter on those parts of my skin.

However, when it comes to my face I put the Shea butter on my face for 20 minutes and then wash it off with soap. This routine is also done every morning and every night time. I noticed than my face is smoother and there are less pimples on my face.



I also put Shea butter in my hair when I am deep conditioning my hair. Since I have my hair braided, there is no need for me to use Shea butter everyday on my hair.



                                                                     I use this brand




Some people ask whether the white Shea butter is better than the Yellow and vice versa. The reason why Shea butter is yellow is because the roots of the Borututu tree are added. This gives the butter it's yellow colour.

  
 Packaged Shea Butter


However, both the white and yellow Shea butter are equally good. The only thing I would be worry about if I were you, is whether the Shea butter you buy is genuine. I would not advise you to buy products with Shea butter; as a lot of it's nutrients get destroyed which, therefore, defeats the purpose of using it in the first place.It is better to buy the Shea butter in it's pure form. That way you get the nutrients from it. 
The Shea Butter in the pictures above are products of Ghana and is 100% natural Shea butter.


               I am going to leave you all with a video that explains the nutritional value of Shea butter.
                                                It is a very interesting and educational video.
                                        I know it will interest you as much as it  interested me!!!






1 comment:

  1. Good blog with useful information.shea butter contains moisturizing fatty acids and is rich in vitamins A, E, and F. It also contains cinnamic acid which provides a

    small amount of UV protection (the equivalent of an SPF6). The combination of all of these factors make shea butter very useful for treating skin conditions ranging from dry skin to eczema to stretch marks. Find Here Yellow Shea Butter | Moroccan Products Online

    ReplyDelete