Saturday 26 January 2013

Natural Hair..."The Big Scary Chop"








Is the Big Chop a painful experience?
The answer is no. Although I have heard people refer to it as "The Big Scary Chop"
Trust me, it is not as horrific as they say.
In early October of 2012 I had my last relaxer and did a big chop in late October- early Novemberish 2012. ...Stupid, aren't I?
Honestly I can't remember the exact date I did my big chop.
During that period I was hesitant on rather to go natural or stay relax.
If you all are feeling the same way it is okay. It is a dilemma that we go through. When I say "we" I mean the people who contemplate on going back natural.




I did not want to transition. I felt so happy when I saw all of my straighten ends cut off.
Although my hair wasn't the healthiest, the thing that drove me to cut my hair was seeing the many styles that natural women wore.
I was so ignorant for nine years of my life!!!!!!!!

Why do black women feel the need to straighten their hair?
The answer is because they feel inferior.They want their hair to be straight just like white women's hair. The African race is the only race that has coily hair. I can remember a time when a woman told her child " You have so many nigger peppers.I wished you had "pretty" hair like her" ("her" the mother was referring to a white girl in the room).
When I heard that I was so shock. I was so vex, but I managed to keep my cool and walked over to the child . I told the child that she has some beautiful hair and complimented her on her hair do. The little girl then smiled at me and said thank you. If adults talk the same way as that mother did to their children, it will scar their children for life, and will make them have a low perception of themselves.

Okay I'm rambling on too long.
So for the time being I'm almost 3 months natural.I wear braids as a protective style for my hair. Honestly it feels as though it is not growing, but it is.I am seeing some growth. My hair is 2 inches short.

The key to black hair growth is not to touch your hair
Be patient. If you hair is long enough to put in braids,BRAID IT and forget it. Use oils such as:

 Coconut oil




Almond oil



Olive Oil





Peppermint oil





Castor oil





Lavender oil





I use all of these oils together. Put the oils in a spray bottle (like the one below) and add a little water to it and apply it to the roots of the hair.This will keep the hair moisturized and promote hair growth.



DON'T TOUCH YOUR HAIR AND IT WILL GROW!!!!

I'll keep you guys up to date with my journey.
Take care!!

No comments:

Post a Comment